Vous cherchez un livre drôle et sans prétention qui vous fera rire aux éclats ou glousser bêtement le nez enfoui dans ses pages? Vous éprouvez une inexplicable affection pour la famille royale d'Angleterre et possédez une bonne connaissance de la culture populaire récente? N'allez pas chercher plus loin, et dépêchez-vous de vous procurer le réjouissant "Journal intime de Baby George" (en VO: "The Prince George diaries") de Clare Bennett.
4th August 2014
Mummy and Daddy are in Belgium today because of the First World War. My stylist dressed me in the traditional belgian costume of a beret and smock for my Skype call with them before supper. I like to show an interest in their trips, even when my schedule doesn't allow me to join them, because it's important to be supportive. Not my favourite costume, but my stylist said it was either that or they'd have to dress me as a waffle.
5th December 2014
Who is Father Christmas by the way, and how does he know all this stuff about me? When I refused to eat the stupid kale and threw it on the floor, Maria Teresa said Father Christmas would know and I might go on the Naughty List. Well, hear this, Father Christmas - I too have a list of my own. It's called "People Who Will Never Get Knighthoods". You've been warned.
12th March 2015
Mummy went to the set of Downton Abbey today. Everyone was SO jealous. She came back with a wooden train for me from the George character in the story. She says he is the one who is only going to inherit an Earldom, poor thing.
- Did they tell you anything? Daddy asked desperately when she got home.
- I watched some of the filming, yes, Mummy said.
- Tell me Isis is actually OK and it was all just a dream? Daddy said.
- You don't have the clearance, I'm afraid, Mummy said.
20th March 2015
Mummy started Googling baby names on her iPhone.
- What about something from Game of Thrones? They're very popular at the moment. Daenerys or Tyrion or Jon Snow? she said. Then HBO might let us in on future plot lines.
- Dracarys after one of Khaleesi's dragons? Uncle Harry said.
- There are dragons in Game of Thrones? Daddy asked, sounding surprised.
- You know nothing, Prince William, Mummy said in a wistful voice.
- If you didn't spend every episode with your back turned and a cushion over your face shouting, "What's happening? What's happening?", you'd know that, Uncle Harry said.
- But it's so brutal, Daddy said.
- Brutal and BRILLIANT, Uncle Harry said. I still miss Sean Bean, though.
- Why? What happened to him? Daddy asked.
Article publié à l'origine en décembre 2015,
et mis à jour en raison de la parution de l'ouvrage en français depuis cette date